• A $200.00 deposit of the total cottage cost is required to secure your reservation. Once the booking has been processed, you will receive a Reservation Confirmation that outlines your booking. Please review the information carefully and contact us immediately if you have any questions, concerns or require any changes. Please bring your confirmation with you for check-in.
• Please review our Terms and Conditions and Cancellation Policies below. Securing your reservation with your deposit means you accept the terms of our Terms and Conditions and Cancellation Policies.
• The remaining balance of your total cottage cost including taxes must be made at least one week prior to your arrival date. In order to keep our rental costs affordable, Swanson’s Cottages accepts cash, money orders and checks for deposits and payments. Checks may be payable to Heidi Bemiss or Swanson’s Cottages. A valid credit card must be on file for incidentials.
• Our rental weeks during the prime weeks of summer run from Saturday to Saturday. We require a six-night minimum booking for holiday reservations during the Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year holidays and a two-night minimum booking during any other time of the year.
• Due to our sandy soil conditions, pets are NOT permitted at the cottages.
• Securing a reservation with your deposit means you accept the Terms and Conditions and Cancellation Policies.
• Cancellations made more than 90 days from check-in date will receive a full refund of your deposit paid or the option of a credit, which is valid for one year from your cancellation date.
• Cancellations made between 31 and 90 days from check in will receive a 50% refund of the deposit paid or the option of a credit, which is valid for one year from the cancellation date. Cancellations made 30 days or less will forfeit the deposit and any monies paid towards the reservation.
• Refunds are returned within 30 days of date of cancellation.
• Any changes to your reservation must be received no less than 30 days prior to your arrival date and are subject to availability.
• There are no refunds or credits issued for early checkouts.
• All credits issued are valid for one year from the original cancellation date. A credit can be transferred to another person provided we have written authorization from you.
Terms and Conditions
The Contract is between Swanson’s Cottages and the booking/deposit party.
Persons must be 23 years of age to rent cottages.
The rental will be available at 3 pm on the date of arrival and must be vacated by 9:30 am on the date of departure. (Any flexibility with check out times must be arranged with Swanson’s Cottages).
Responsibility of Guests
All members of the party must treat the cottage, its property, furnishings, fittings, utensils and facilities respectfully. Any damage or loss must be reported to Swanson’s Cottages. Please do not run window A/C units with doors and windows open. Doing so will result in a $200.00 charge for utility wastefulness. The cottage will be cleaned prior to your arrival and after to your departure. Please leave the cottage in an orderly state with all kitchen utensils washed and put away, trash in garbage cans provided, etc. If the cottage requires extensive cleaning or repair, the maker of the reservation will be responsible for any destruction to the property and charges.
The speed limit in the association is 10 mph. Please adhere to the speed limit for the safety of all.
Failure to follow neighborhood rules, disturbing neighbors, or providing false information on reservations could result in immediate forfeiture of reservation and occupancy of the cottage. The maker of the reservation is responsible for all information provided to secure the reservation and understands that occupancy is reserved for the number of people specified in the cottage description.
$50.00 is charged for returned checks
NO SMOKING is permitted inside the cottage. Please do not dispose of cigarettes in the yard or on the lawns. PETS will not be permitted during the prime summer weeks. Failure to comply with the Smoking/Pet rules will result in a $500 fine charged to the guest.